SAFETY MEASURES IN PLACE AT SCOTTS HOTEL KILLARNEY
OUR COVID-19 PROTOCOL
As responsible hoteliers and in line with our company values, the health and safety of all those who visit and work at our hotel is our primary concern and priority. We have a designated team to coordinate our Covid-19 re-opening protocols and ongoing safety activities.
Scotts Hotel Killarney is now closed as we are in now Level 5. Once we reopen please see information on our Covid policies.
We are committed to taking action and have implemented the following measures:
• We are assessing, monitoring and implementing recommendations and best practice from the WHO and HSE and Irish Hotel Federation.
• We have provided sanitiser stations throughout the building.
• We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points
• Our internal communications systems are ensuring an efficient flow of protocols and updates to our team.
- We have circulated HSE guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all.
• We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
• We are committed to providing the additional manpower required to implement best practice procedures
• We are committed to playing our part in trying to prevent Covid-19 from escalating.
We ask that our customers do the same and follow the HSE guidelines regarding personal hygiene and Covid-19.
DURING YOUR STAY
Colleagues will wear PPE equipment in line with Government health and the WHO guidelines.
Hand sanitisers will be readily available throughout the main hotel and non-visible service areas of the hotel.
We will have signage in place to encourage and remind people about regular hand cleaning and social distancing protocols.
Contactless payment will be encouraged at all points.
Furniture will be rearranged to allow for adequate social distancing.
Air hand dryers will be deactivated until further notice and guest are requested to use paper towels and the pedal bin provided.
Hotel guest numbers are controlled as are the number of guests having breakfast, lunch or dinner at any one time.
Advance Bookings for Breakfast are also essential. People who have booked first, will get first preference with the time slot.
All restaurant tables will be sanitised after each individual sitting. There will be no buffet or bar service in operation. All food & beverage will be served to you directly by our friendly team.
IN YOUR ROOM
Government and WHO guidelines for cleaning and sanitising guest rooms will be adhered to. Frequently touched areas will be thoroughly disinfected regularly during your stay. (ie: telephones, remote controls, handles, taps etc).
Room attendants will wear the recommended PPE in line with Government guidelines.
Bed linen will be handled with extreme care so as to avoid lifting dust. All linen is laundered at a minimum of 70C for at least 25 minutes.
Housekeeping will open windows when servicing a room, ensuring adequate ventilation.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY MEASURES OUR COLLEAGUES ARE TAKING
Hand sanitiser will be used before entering the hotel premises, throughout the day and again when leaving.
Supervisors will monitor the proper use of all PPE and ensure that it is managed in accordance with Government guidelines.
Team shifts are staggered to ensure adequate social distancing during break times and will comply with the social distancing rules.
Additional training has been provided to all team members and supervisors will continue to monitor strict compliance.
All windows will be kept open where possible for good ventilation.
Offices have been rearranged to apply to social distancing regulations.
We have implemented “working from home” where reasonable, to allow for more adequate office space.
High touch-points in offices are disinfected regularly.
This list is not exhaustive and will be updated subject to government guidelines and updates.
5th October 2020